Being able to barter your way to the best swap with SwapU.
When looking to swap your goods for someone else’s goods you first of all need to place a realistic value on it. The phrase “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure” applies here. Use this knowledge to your benefit when finalising a trade. Strong negotiation skills are a plus. Here are a few ways to barter your way to the best swap with SwapU.
Here are six tips for bartering your way to the best swap:
- Know the value of what you are selling. Don’t allow yourself to be pressured into a bad trade.
- Be persuasive in your pitch. The person with the most information usually gets the better end of the deal.
- Sweeten the deal. If you know that your item might be worth less then why not add more than one item to the trade or even some cash.
- Share all the details. An honest trade is the best way to go – share all the information up front, whether good or bad.
- Use your manners to your benefit. Manners go a long way; so does being firm.
- Embrace your walkaway power. If it is not a good deal, walk away. Best case scenario, they chase you down and agree to your terms. The worst case scenario is you leave without the trade. However, you still have the opportunity to make a good trade at another time with a different bidder.
But be aware. When receiving income from bartering, you may be required to pay GST.
Bartering is a skill and the best method for improvement is continued practice. The good news is, there is almost no limit on what you can trade. Especially on SwapU. We have 29 categories for you to choose from so try SwapU now and download our app at https://swapu.com.au/
For more info about swapping and trading check out the below links.
Comments are closed.